Trainee Risk & Compliance Officer
Opportunity in Derby
We are looking for an aspiring Risk and Compliance Officer who is skilled at attention to fine detail, willing to study and learn the relevant legislation and has a strong desire to have a fulfilling career in risk and compliance.
Location: DE21, Wyvern Business Park, Derby
Contract Type: Full-time | Permanent
Salary & Benefits: £23,000 per annum
About Right Legal Group
We are a well-established law firm, regulated by the SRA who specialise in Wills, Probate & Estate Planning. We have built a network across the country which work together on a mission to change the way people think about making a Will and preserve not only our clients’ financial assets but their emotional assets too, for the benefit of future generations. We are here to help protect memories, not just money.
About the role
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that the business conducts its processes and policies in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
We are looking for an aspiring Risk and Compliance Officer who is skilled at attention to fine detail, willing to study and learn the relevant legislation and has a strong desire to have a fulfilling career in risk and compliance. The candidate will receive training and support, internally, and from a third-party compliance company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Perform risk assessments to identify risk level, significance and scope, across the following areas: corporate governance, business continuity, regulatory and operational, market, financial, security, technology and GDPR
Learn, keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations
Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
Ensure that your findings are recorded and followed up with management so that issues can be rectified
Educate employees on not only the regulations, but also on the potential impact to the company
Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
Create reports on current risk and compliance performance
Highlight or escalate areas of concern
Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation
Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory
Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
Perform various general administrative duties, such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing
Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
Benefits of working for Right Legal Group
- Career progression opportunities – We pride ourselves on home-grown talent!
- Annual career planning platforms – We want to hear all about you and your goals for the year & help you to facilitate your personal and professional ambitions
- A company culture that embodies empowerment and ownership. We don’t do hierarchy!
- Company ‘get togethers’ – There’s always something fun happening over here…
- Rewards & recognition programme – You want to be recognised for your efforts don’t you? We love celebrating success
- Westfield Health Benefits – We want to make sure you have access to look after your physical and mental health and have 24/7 access to those ‘healthy extra’s’
- 22 days paid annual leave (increasing to 25 days upon two years of working within the business)
- Paid sick leave
- Free on-site parking
- Employee discounts on all of our services
- Staff referral rewards (get paid for referring a friend to work with us!)
Location of the role
If you think you’re ready for a challenge and Right Legal Group feels like the right place for you, we’d love to hear from you.