This opportunity is suitable for someone who has experience within Probate and has a real passion for this area of law…as we do!
We are proud to say that our RightProbate service has a national presence across the country, helping families through one of the most difficult times of their lives.
If you would like to talk to us and find out more about this opportunity, please express your interest by clicking ‘Apply’.
Location: DE21, Wyvern Business Park, Derby
Contract Type: Full-time | Permanent
Salary & Benefits: –
Who are Right Legal Group?
We are a well-established Law firm, regulated by the SRA who specialise in Wills, Probate and Estate Planning. We have built a network across the country which work together on a mission to change the way people think about making a Will and preserve not only our clients’ financial assets but their emotional assets too, for future generations. We are here to protect memories, not just money.
Help us to deliver on our mission! Here's what's in it for you...
- Career progression on opportunities – We pride ourselves on home-grown talent!
- Annual career planning platforms – We want to hear all about you and your goals for the year and help you to facilitate your personal and professional ambitions
- A company culture that embodies empowerment and ownership. We don’t do hierarchy!
- Company ‘get togethers’ – There’s always something fun happening over here…
- Rewards & Recognition programmes – You want to be recognised for you efforts don’t you? We love celebrating success.
- Westfield Health benefits – We want to make sure you have access to look after your physical and mental health and have 24/7 access to those ‘healthy extra’s’.
What the role involves:
- Managing own caseload of Probate files to complete grant only applications and full Administration of an Estate
- Dealing with both taxable and non-taxable estates regularly completing IHT205 and IHT400 forms with accompanying schedules. Making applications for exemptions and reliefs when appropriate
- Assessing the tax position of the estate and advising on tax efficient Deeds of variation
- Sitting client meetings for local clients and dealing with lawyers across our network to work collaboratively on certain matters
- Handing early stages of contentious Probate – placing and removing caveats, answering Larke v Nugus requests, effectively dealing with disputes such as validity and I(PFD)A claims, prior to litigation.
- Working with an effective case management system to ensure consistency of approach across the department
- Working with the team to develop the department’s processes and procedures.
Applicants will need to have at least two years experience working within Probate and handling a wide range of taxable estates.
Location of the role
If you think you’re ready for a challenge and Right Legal Group feels like the right place for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Have a question about the role?
Ask our recruitment team who are here to help you with any questions you may have about the role.