Probate Legal Supervisor
Probate Legal Supervisor
Who we're looking for...
Who are Right Legal Group?
We are a well-established Law firm, regulated by the SRA who specialise in Wills, Probate and Estate Planning. We have built a network across the country which work together on a mission to change the way people think about making a Will and preserve not only our clients’ financial assets but their emotional assets too, for future generations. We are here to protect memories, not just money.
To learn more about us click here.
Help us to deliver on our mission! Here's what's in it for you...
- Career progression on opportunities – We pride ourselves on home-grown talent!
- Annual career planning platforms – We want to hear all about you and your goals for the year and help you to facilitate your personal and professional ambitions
- A company culture that embodies empowerment and ownership. We don’t do hierarchy!
- Company ‘get togethers’ – There’s always something fun happening over here…
- Rewards & Recognition programmes – You want to be recognised for you efforts don’t you? We love celebrating success.
- Westfield Health benefits – We want to make sure you have access to look after your physical and mental health and have 24/7 access to those ‘healthy extra’s’.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Allocating work and tasks of an appropriate level, gradually increasing the level and the complexity of the work over time, while encouraging the trainee to suggest solutions independently
- Monitor the advisors’ workload to make sure they have a sufficient but not excessive amount of work
- Helping make sure that advisors maintain an up-to-date training record that identifies the work they have performed and the skills they have deployed
- Reviewing the training record regularly to ensure that an appropriate balance of work and skills is struck
- Giving regular feedback to the advisors regarding their performance, recognising achievements and improvements, and constructively addressing areas that require further effort
- Identifying individual and departmental training needs and providing training and other learning support to fill those gaps
- Supervising 100% of legal work of advisors with 3 years or less experience in Wills and Probate
- Supporting advisors to achieve their new matter targets whilst ensuring that work is progressing at pace and within the expected timescales
Key Competencies & Experience
- Wide technical knowledge and ability in the area of Probate & Trust Law
- STEP qualified is desirable but not essential
- Passion – Believe and understand our business and deliver ‘The WOW Factor’ to our clients and colleagues
- Commitment/Dedication – We are looking for somebody who is fully committed to the role in order to meet business deadlines and targets but also drive the performance of the department through a stage of growth
- Lead by example – be strict in your own personal adherence to our business standards
- Energy/Drive – High energy and drive is needed to motivate a team
If you think you’re ready for a challenge and Right Legal Group feels like the right place for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Have a question about the role?
Ask our recruitment team who are here to help you with any questions you may have about the role.