Legal Trainer & Supervisor
Opportunity in Derby
We are looking for a full time Legal Trainer and Supervisor to join our established Training Academy Team. Someone who can devise and deliver content for legal advisors and solicitors in the private client field.
Location: DE21, Wyvern Business Park, Derby
Contract Type: Full-time | Permanent
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
About Right Legal Group
We are a well-established law firm, regulated by the SRA who specialise in Wills, Probate & Estate Planning. We have built a network across the country which work together on a mission to change the way people think about making a Will and preserve not only our clients’ financial assets but their emotional assets too, for the benefit of future generations. We are here to help protect memories, not just money.
About the role
The training department is a key focus of the Right Legal Group as it supports all advisors within the network, this can range from training somebody who is brand new to the discipline to another who is a STEP qualified solicitor. Part of the attraction to join the network is the support we give firms in recruiting and training new and enthusiastic people into this area of law and training a new skillset to existing advisors to ensure maximum sales ability and client service.
You may be a fee earner who wants to turn your attention to training and development or already in a learning and development role and want to specialise in legal matters.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The role will lead the development of private client lawyers across our network, from entry level to experienced advisors to ensure the level of skill required to service our clients.
You will also be responsible for training on the culture and ethos of The Right Legal Group and ensuring this is being maintained throughout the network.
What the role involves
- Provide learning and development programmes for private client lawyers with varied levels to optimise all opportunities to increase case handling capability across the network
- Designing and delivering legal training within the academy (or where required to meet business needs)
- Coaching and mentoring trainees of the academy in their “on the job” training including signing off cases to facilitate progression
- Working with other internal departments to train legal skills to other roles in the business
- Working closely with the partner practice development team to ensure training is relevant and meets the needs of the business and the individuals and make changes where necessary and appropriate
- Liaising with other legal trainers and outside resources to ensure all training commitments will be met and to facilitate soft skills training
Experience you will have
- Wide technical experience and ability in Private client Law
- STEP qualified is desirable but not essential
- Ability to inspire, train and coach others
- Ability to summarise legal issues succinctly and provide practical and confident advice
- Experience of mentoring and development
- Strong system/process skills and ability to organise a training schedule for a network of advisors
Benefits of working for Right Legal Group
- Career progression opportunities – We pride ourselves on home-grown talent!
- Annual career planning platforms – We want to hear all about you and your goals for the year & help you to facilitate your personal and professional ambitions
- A company culture that embodies empowerment and ownership. We don’t do hierarchy!
- Company ‘get togethers’ – There’s always something fun happening over here…
- Rewards & recognition programme – You want to be recognised for your efforts don’t you? We love celebrating success
- Westfield Health Benefits – We want to make sure you have access to look after your physical and mental health and have 24/7 access to those ‘healthy extra’s’
- 22 days paid annual leave (increasing to 25 days upon two years of working within the business)
- Paid sick leave
- Free on-site parking
- Employee discounts on all of our services
- Staff referral rewards (get paid for referring a friend to work with us!)
Location of the role
If you think you’re ready for a challenge and Right Legal Group feels like the right place for you, we’d love to hear from you.